Hi, everyone! I wanted to try something new and decided discussion posts might shake things up! For any post, of course, I encourage you to comment, but now even more so. I want to know your thoughts on whatever topic it is for that particular post. As such, these posts are probably going to be slightly smaller because the purpose is for it to be more of a conversation instead of me just blabbering to you.
So for today? Subscription boxes! Particularly, the book variety.
I’ve never paid for a monthly subscription box before, but I like to search for them. I just don’t think I would have the money for them — I thought $5.99 for Hulu was a bit too much, mostly because I barely used it.
However, through my little excursions through the Internet, I’ve come across so many different kinds of book sub. boxes. There are all sorts for practically anything you can imagine: YA, science fiction/fantasy, adult fiction, classics, and even just book merch in general. A lot of them come in quite a few different sizes (and prices). One YA-themed box may have two books and plenty of different things related to them in the “large” size, and it’s smaller counterpart may be only one book and two or three different trinkets. There’s just so much variety.
A lot of the boxes also have monthly themes, where the stuff in the package is largely connected by one overarching idea. Could be things like “summer love” or “winter wonderland,” etc. It’s quite interesting how the different companies can come up with them.
So here are the questions I have set up. You can answer any number of them, all of them, or none at all! I welcome your thoughts, whatever they are, as long as they are slightly on topic (that being about subscription boxes, preferably book sub. boxes).
- Do you have a favorite subscription box? What is it? What do you like about it?
- What kind of things do you like seeing in subscription boxes the most?
- How do you feel about monthly themes for subscription boxes? Do you mostly like them, regardless of what the theme is?
- Were you ever severely disappointed in a subscription box? Why?
- If you had the opportunity to build your own subscription box, what would it look like? What would be in it? Would there be a theme?
That’s all I really have for this post. I can’t wait to hear your thoughts!
Until next time~