Hi, everyone! For today, there’s a different sort of book tag than others that I’ve done before. This one is called the “You’re Not Good Enough” book tag. I initially found this on Beatrice’s blog, DreamlandBookBlog (you folks should go over and follow them; I did right before this post, and they have a quality blog). For this tag, I right down 30 random book characters, and choose between two that I picked based on a prompt. So. 30 characters, 15 prompts. Let’s see how this goes…
1. You only have one more spot on your Spelling B team, who would you pick to complete your team?
Sam Lloyd (The Diviners) or Harkat Mulds (The Saga of Darren Shan)
While I might have picked Harkat because I feel like he’d be a good speller, he can’t exactly talk…so Sam it is. I don’t think we would get very far in the spelling bee.
2. Both characters want to kill you, which one would you kill first so you have a better chance of surviving?
Sirius Black (Harry Potter) or Matthias Helvar (Six of Crows)
Uhhh, is this even a question? Matthias, definitely. At least with Sirius I could, like, run or something. Matthias would rip me to shreds…no, thanks.
3. You’re on the Bachelor/Bachelorette an you’re down to these two characters, which one are you going to give your rose too?
Kaz Brekker (Six of Crows) or Seba Nile (Saga of Darren Shan)
Y’all, Seba’s, like, over 700 years old and looks like he’s 60 or 70… No thanks, my friends. Kaz, the little shit, it is. If I don’t kill him first, my goodness.
4. You’ve been chosen for the Hunger Games, who would most likely volunteer in your place?
Darren Shan (Saga of Darren Shan) or Reyna Ramirez-Arellano (The Heroes of Olympus)
Reyna would probably just shrug and walk away. So, Darren, I guess? He seems like a nice enough character and all. He’s probably my best bet.
5. You’re stranded on an island. Which character would you sacrifice to engage in cannibalism?
Effie Trinket (The Hunger Games) or Finnick Odair (The Hunger Games)
Effie, while I love her to death…has to go. Finnick would probably fight back and kill me, but, well, Effie? Probably not much. Also, Finnick would be able to help survive more than her.
6. You’re the next DC/Marvel superhero (with your own tv show of course), who is your sidekick?
Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games) or Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter)
Oh no… I can’t choose. Because I love Luna to death, but Katniss would be better for the job. I’m sorry, Luna, maybe next time.
7. You’re a manager of an Avocado admiring company, who would you fire for lack of communication skills?
Haymitch Abernathy (The Hunger Games) or Remus Lupin (Harry Potter)
Another Hunger Games and Harry Potter match-up? Interesting. Also, Avocado-admiring company? What? But anyway, Haymitch would probably fire me within two days, not gonna lie.
8. You’ve just finished a book in which your favorite character dies, which character is most likely to comfort you?
Gavner Purl (Saga of Darren Shan) or Piper McLean (The Heroes of Olympus)
They would probably both comfort me, but Gavner probably wouldn’t understand why I’m crying because someone who wasn’t even real died.
9. Ugh, it’s high school. Who would most likely be part of the popular clique?
Nico de Angelo (Percy Jackson and the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus) or Jesper Fahey (Six of Crows)
My boy, Jesper, without a doubt! No offense to Nico, but Jesper is more of a people-person than him.
10. The day has arrived; you’re finally a year older! Who would have the nerve to forget your birthday?
Draco Malfoy (Harry Potter) or Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson and the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus)
Is this even a question? Draco would probably hex me if I tried to remind him…also, he wouldn’t even care about me.
11. You’ve just found an upcoming booktube star! Who would it most likely be?
Will Fitzgerald (The Diviners) or Desmond Tiny (The Saga of Darren Shan)
I can’t exactly say neither, can I? I think Will would, so he can talk about all the occult books and stuff that he normally talks about during his classes (assuming he knows how all the technology works).
12. Sleepover time! Unfortunately you can only invite one person, who would you invite?
Leo Valdez (The Heroes of Olympus) or Evie O’Neil (The Diviners)
They would both be fun to have over, but I think I’d choose Leo. He’s goofy and fun, and controlling fire? That’s pretty rad.
13. Bam, you’re pregnant. Who’s the father/mother?
Inej Ghafa (Six of Crows) or President Snow (The Hunger Games)
Okay, but can we not imagine President Snow being the father of my hypothetical child? Please? Because that’s nasty as hell. Inej, all the way. ‘Cause, fuck it, I love her so much.
14. You’ve just written a super important text. Who would ‘see’ it, but not reply?
Nina Zenik (Six of Crows) or Larten Crepsley (The Saga of Darren Shan)
This is actually a hard choice because both of them probably would… But probably Mr. Crepsley more. Because he’s a sassy shit who sometimes just doesn’t give a single fuck.
15. You’ve just woken up and it’s time for breakfast. Your mum’s been replaced by..who?
Pekka Rollins (Six of Crows) or Peeta Mellark (The Hunger Games)
…Like hell I’m letting Pekka freaking Rollins replace my mom. Peeta is obviously the better (and best!) choice. Screw you, Pekka.
This was actually a lot of fun, and I hope you guys had a fun time reading it! Who would you pick from any of these choices? Let me know!
I tag whoever wishes to do this! (which I hope is a lot of people — this was a ton of fun)
Until next time~