MONTHLY TBR #9 | December 2018 TBR

Hi, everyone! So for my TBR, I usually just pick a bit of whatever sounds good and make a list out of it. But for December, I tried something different: I allowed the denizens of Twitter to choose my TBR through polls! Although, I do have to say, there were a few books I knew for certain I was going to read no matter what. If you want to look through the thread for yourself, here’s the link! To make it extra fun, I created categories for the polls, as you will soon see. Most of them are self-explanatory, but the last one, “Set in Stone,” is for the few books that I know I’ll read.

Now, let’s get into it!


Storm Front by Jim Butcher

VS.

A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab

A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab

It…wasn’t very close at all. Out of 23 votes, 87% were for A Darker Shade of Magic and 13% for Storm Front.

And I Darken by Kiersten White

VS.

Diary of Ellen Rimbauer: My Life at Rose Red by Joyce Reardon

And I Darken by Kiersten White

Another one that wasn’t very close… Out of 18 votes, 83% went for And I Darken and 17% for Diary of Ellen Rimbauer: My Life at Rose Red.

A People’s History of the United States by Howard Zinn

VS.

Falling Leaves: The Memoir of an Unwanted Chinese Daughter by Adeline Yen Mah

Falling Leaves: The Memoir of an Unwanted Chinese Daughter by Adeline Yen Mah

Another not-close poll: a total of 21 votes, with 90% for Fallen Leaves and 10% for A People’s History of the United States.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

VS.

1984 by George Orwell

1984 by George Orwell

This was the closest out of all the polls! Out of 25 votes, just 52% were for 1984. A huge 48% of votes were for Pride and Prejudice!

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

I’m continuing the #HPReadAlong!

Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray

Continuing the Diviners series!


Making the poll thread on Twitter and seeing everyone vote was actually a really fun experience. Creating this post was, too! I think I’ll do this again in the future!

So what are you all reading this month? I’d love to know!

Until next time~
Kaitlyn

| TWITTER | GOODREADS |

| KO-FI | PAYPAL |

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s