Hey there, everyone! Hope you’re all doing well and staying safe right now when things are as hectic as could be. I’ve been wanting to do different kinds of posts outside of just reviews because I found myself in a bit of a rut. So I figured why not do one about the books on my physical TBR? And here we are, a new mini-series! I differentiate between my physical TBR and general TBR because the former is the TBR for books that I already own, and the latter is just books that I want to get around to reading. I own a number of backlist books, so I figured this would be a fun series so y’all can see books that maybe you haven’t seen in a while (or at all!). Part one is on my YA sci-fi and fantasy collection!
Shadow and Bone & Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
- bought these a few years ago, still haven’t read them
- ready to hate both Mal and the Darkling, and I can’t wait
- not ready for the mid-2000s YA fantasy style of writing though, lmao
The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco
- I’ve heard so many great things!
- I need an anti-hero/morally grey MC again, it’s been a while
- Kate from YaTitaKate on YouTube also did a drunk review of The Bone Witch which, uh, definitely made me want to read it more now, lol. Maybe next month!
Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan
- the themes…the t h e m e s
- another that I have to read soon!
- well, that, and the sequel
Eragon & Eldest & Brisingr by Christopher Paolini
- am I ready to roast this hodgepodge of well-known SFF media? Yes. But will I enjoy roasting it? Also yes
- I actually tried the audiobook sometime last year or the year before, and wow, that was the worst audiobook experience I’ve had in my life. So. Physical book it is
A Living Nightmare & The Vampire’s Assistant & Tunnels of Blood by Darren Shan
- cue the nostalgia: ya know how a bunch of people had Harry Potter and Twilight growing up, which really solidified their love of reading? Well, Cirque du Freak is, essentially, my Harry Potter or Twilight
- I’m a bit nervous it won’t be as good as I remember it, but to be fair, there has been ten years or more since I first read it
The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens
- got this for my 12th or 13th birthday, but uhhh never actually read it
- excited to get into it, but I don’t have a clue on what it’s about, lol
The Dream Thieves & Blue Lily, Lily Blue & The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
- I am ready to be absolutely bodied by the rest of this series and then never touch it again
- I got them all from my library’s book sale for super cheap, so that’s pretty rad, too!
Tarnished are the Stars by Rosiee Thor
- my most recent YA SFF buy from a couple months ago
- bit of an impulse buy because I usually don’t buy new releases, but I couldn’t resist a queer YA sci-fi with that kind of cover
And those are all of the YA SFF books on my physical TBR. Let me know if you liked any of these, or what YA SFF books you own that you haven’t gotten around to yet!
Feel free to follow me!
Want to support me? Here’s how!