Hi, everyone! With the last half of the year starting, I wanted to do a small series about books I want to read before 2020 (thankfully) ends. This particular post will be about books that I own specifically. In a perfect world, I would be able to finish all the unread books on my shelves, but well. I have no self-control when it comes to splurging on books sometimes. So these are just a few that I want to really work on getting to before the year is out!
Unscrewed: Women, Sex, Power, and How to Stop Letting the System Screw Us All by Jaclyn Friedman
- I read parts of it for a class in undergrad, and I want to read the rest of it
- always a fan of non-fiction books about sex and culture, tbh
- my GWS degree is showing, isn’t it
The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang
- so many people on Twitter will be happy I’m starting this (hi, Kate, May, and Rain)
- I’m ready to be obliterated by this book, let’s be real
- mmm, but lemme just sneak a peak at the TWs beforehand, though
I Wish You All the Best by Mason Deaver
- non-binary MC!! non-binary MC!!!
- I’ve been wanting to read this ever since it came out
- I’m also pretty curious about the anxiety rep, too
Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong by James W. Loewen
- People’s History of the United States 2.0
- tbh, I’m just ready to be angry the entire time I read this
- thanks, Mr. James (…my teacher from high school, not the author, lmao)
The ‘S’ Word: A Short History of an American Tradition…Socialism by John Nichols
- we love non-fiction in this house
- especially non-fiction about socialism
- hopefully it’s not, like, super white-washed or something
The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco
- anti-hero MC! anti-hero MC!!!
- I’ve heard nothing but good things about this book/series
- another one I’m ready to be killed by
Tarnished are the Stars by Rosiee Thor
- f/f romance! in sci-fi!
- one of the books that I bought that is outside my comfort zone (I don’t usually read sci-fi)
- ready for the sapphic-ness
The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
- stepping outside my comfort zone again (look at me go!)
- I heard it was character-driven, and that’s why I bought it
- oh, and also very queer
Colonize This! Young Women of Color on Today’s Feminism by Daisy Hernández and Bushra Rehman
- a collection of essays from women of color on current feminist issues? yes, please
- I’m very excited to get to this
- again, my GWS degree is showing, lol
The Dream Thieves; Blue Lily, Lily Blue; The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
- let me have this, it’s my white lady author guilty pleasure
- I’m just interested in the ghosts, tbh
- also Blue and her family
And here they are: 10 books I want to read before 2020 ends! Yes, I know, technically it’s 12 books, but 3 are all part of the same series, so. I hope y’all enjoyed!
Are any of these books on your TBR? What are you looking forward to reading before the end of the year? Let me know!
Feel free to follow me!
BookSloth: Kait | sixcrowsbooks
Want to support me? Here’s how!